Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Things have been getting increasingly busy lately. I'm so beyond thankful that I'm not working retail again this year....oi. With Thanksgiving comes time with my sister-in-law(always my favorite. of course.), and then the arrival of my mother shortly thereafter. So on top of holidays and all of that preparation, I have finals coming. I also have three Christmas parties in December, plus a girl's weekend with Rae and Sheilagh(sorry if I butchered the spelling there girl!), and house organizing to accommodate our guest that will surely drive Andrew and I to drink.

Fortunately, my husband is continuing to be an amazing man and tender lover. This weekend we're going on a little two day trip, returning just in time to go to Stella's birthday. He just couldn't wait to go somewhere, do SOMETHING, in our brand spankin' new car....which is just an incredible blessing. :)

I have been noticing lately though that I've come to a crossroads. A "friend cleanse" of sorts. As I'm sure has been apparent in my last few posts, I recently needed to end a relationship with someone who was no longer a person I wanted to share my life with. Fortunately for both of us, we got to that point at the same time. It is still funny to me though the petty steps she and her husband are making to clean up their mess with other members of the community I am a part of, especially when it comes to things like the fact that they emailed people on facebook asking them to unfriend us. Yes. Really. And yes, they're both over the age of thirty and are soon giving birth to their third child. Aren't you glad that they're molding the minds of our future? I sure am.

Along those lines, I'm rejoicing in the amazingly positive friendships I have right now, but am also recognizing another relationship I am a part of that is another case of wanting me around for comic relief/free babysitting/an ear to bitch to/etc. but has no interest in me as a human being. This would not be a problem for someone with more availability emotionally, but unfortunately I'm pretty used up. The hard part is that in both cases, these people were my family. The people I chose to have in my life to love and support me in return for the same. So it is hard to step back and realize that you were wrong, these people were just season people, not lifers. That there just isn't a place for them in your future, or you in theirs. That none of them are interested in who you are, but only who you were-and let me tell you: I'm not even impressed with who I was.

But how do you extricate yourself from something of this size? With the other relationship it came to an explosive end, but with this one I'd rather not burn the bridge, I just don't want to drive to the island anymore. Which I've already put into play, all of my friends are aware that I'm on a "break" from this person/their community for right now. But being even remotely involved with this person is just painful. Even a distantly communicative relationship is too demanding.

So I suppose I'll just wait. I do think it is funny though that I've grown past a point of wanting to keep any of the relationships that started back then, back when I was 14 and 3 and 27 all at the same time. Maybe I should send them all each other's phone numbers and they can all come together with their similar decisions and start a book club? I kid, I kid. It would be really successful though ;)

No comments: